Have you noticed how many sentences involving websites include the word ‘but’ somewhere near the middle of the sentence? Well, just as other people collect butterflies I collect these ‘buts’, deal with them humanely then mount them on a pin and add them to my collection. Here are a few examples:-
- “I like my website design BUT I think the background colour should be a bit lighter
- “I want to blog, Facebook and tweet BUT I just don’t have time for all three”
- “I like WordPress BUT I’m worried about security”
- “My website describes my products and services BUT I want to be able to sell them online too”
Here’s how I dealt with these ‘buts’:-
- “I’ll just add a bit of css to the sylesheet to lighten the background”
- “There’s a plugin that automatically publishes your blog articles to Facebook and Twitter. I’ll add it to your site”
- “There’s a security plugin which detects brute force login attacks on your website and blocks them. It will block individuals, networks and even countries”
- “Secure online shopping is a feature of modern WordPress websites and is so popular that WordPress bought the company offering the main software used for online shopping”
So, bring me your ‘buts’ and I’ll add them to my collection.
No ‘buts’ were hurt in the writing of this article.